In 1928, a group of individuals purchased 28 acres from the popular Zink’s Dairy Farm. This purchase was the first step in creating Rose Hill Memorial Gardens. The cemetery soon became officially chartered and spaces were offered for sale in late 1930. The first interment was made in 1931.
In 1933, construction began on the Tower, which sits in the heart of the park. By 1935, the Tower chapel was officially completed and dedicated.
Several years later, mausoleum entombment was introduced with the offering of private mausoleum estates. One year later, our first public mausoleum, the Reflection Mausoleum, was introduced.
Shortly after, The Veterans Garden of Valor was designed in to honor our local veterans and their families. A granite monument marks this special garden dedicated to all braches of the military.
The beautiful Tower Mausoleum with 560 crypts, 6 couch crypts, and 112 cremation niches was added to the Bell Tower in 2000. In order to blend the old with the new, the stained glass window from the old chapel was installed in the new Tower Chapel. Many consider our facility to be one of the most beautiful in Stark County.
In December of 2004, we were welcomed into the Bronze Stone Group family. This Midwest based Corporation has supported and encouraged development and growth. They have provided us with the opportunity to increase our options of selection — particularly for burial and memorialization.
Shortly after this welcoming transition, we opened our first upright monument garden in September 2008. Located in the Northwest corner of the cemetery, this secluded and beautiful treed area offers our families an additional choice for their granite monument memorialization.
In the fall of 2009, we introduced our new outdoor freestanding cremation niches. These niches provide space for dignified inurnment and a permanent tribute for your loved ones that prefer cremation.